Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dark Knit of the Soul

I am writing two assignments at once. Being ADD has never been a problem for me. I am listening to my kids fight - it was very quiet in the house five minutes ago, but now it is very noisy. Being ADD has never been a problem for me.

One assignment is essentially finished, and is comparatively short (500 words). That is a huge problem for me. It takes me more words to introduce myself. I like to write lots of words but I do not like to cut them. So I write several hundred words over the limit, then I cry and snivel and simplify my lovely complicated sentence structures to lose words one by painful one.

The other assignment is 1500 words. I like that length - it is possible for me to stretch my arms in that space and say things the way I want to say them. I like to let a sentence meander and expand and get to know itself. However, the assignment is a case study, which is neither interesting nor difficult enough to capture my competitive nature. Because it is business writing, the assignment needs to be focused, compactly written, well defined, and obsessively organized and referenced.

Oh dear.

So I am writing this blog to propose my NEW blog: Dark Knit of the Soul. A knitting blog. Where people can post their weird knitting projects that make no sense and couldn't possibly be worn by normal people. Weirdly, no one else has used this blog name (well, it surprises me!), so I will be in on the ground floor at least.

Of course, there are lots of great sites where people post their oddly formed projects.

But the name is ALL MINE!

Okay, time to get back to my assignments.

ADD is sometimes a problem for me.

I guess.

No comments:

About Me

I am a writer, reader, creator, and teacher fascinated with the possibilities of the on-line world